Genesee County Spartans - Celebrating Black History Month Volunteer Opportunity | Whaley Children's Center
- Project Description
- Whaley Children’s Center provides tools to children and families who have experienced trauma to reach their full potential.
Through dynamic leadership and dedicated staff and volunteers, Whaley Children’s Center will be a source of hope, care, and treatment to Michigan’s abused, neglected, and at-risk children and families.
On day of service, volunteers will:
*Deep clean the units which is where the children live (mopping, cleaning windows, and wiping down cubbies)
*Organize donations (clothing, hygiene items, school supplies, coats, and shoes)
*Organize toy room (where all new toys are stored for birthdays and celebrations)
NOTE: Due to the nature of Whaley, they will require a background check on all volunteers. You will be contacted by the Genesee County Spartans for first/middle/maiden/last name and birthday a week in advance to run the checks.
This opportunity is coordinated in partnership with the Spartans Will. SERVE campus committee. You will be serving with current MSU students. Students interested in volunteering need to register through the student portal.
- Age Restrictions
- Ages 8 and older
- Project Organizer
- This service project is organized by an alumni club: MSU Alumni Club of Genesee County.
- Carla Clark
- Project Category
- Seasonal Clean-Up/Outdoor
- Project Location
- 1201 N. Grand Traverse Street
- Flint, MI
- United States
- Date & Time
- 2/23/19 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Volunteer registration opens on 1/9/19 at 12:00am
- Volunteer registration closes on 2/18/19 at 12:00am
- NOTE: Due to the nature of Whaley, they will require a background check on all volunteers. You will be contacted by the Genesee County Spartans for first/middle/maiden/last name and birthday a week in advance to run the checks.
- Current Volunteers
14 out of 30