TART Boardman Lake Trail Spartan Spring Clean Up Team - Traverse City
- Project Description
- Dear MSU Grand Traverse Area Spartans alumni, friends, families and students:
Help celebrate our MSU Grand Traverse Area Spartans’ annual “Global Day of Service” as a TART Trails’ early spring clean-up volunteer on Saturday morning, April 13, in Traverse City from 9:00 am to 12 noon!
The TART Trails’ Spartan Boardman Lake Trail team will help with a fun and an exciting early spring clean-up project along the trail.
The trail pathway extends from Hull Park (next to the Traverse Area District Library - Woodmere Main Branch, along the eastside shore of Boardman Lake) for approximately 2 miles, south to Medalie Park, adjacent to South Airport Road. Clean up will include litter pick up along trail and shoreline, sweeping/blowing debris off the trail and boardwalks, trimming back encroaching vegetation, raking aggregate surface where ruts may have formed, and possibly installing replacement signs on 4X4 posts into the ground. Please note, equipment will not be provided. Helpful items to bring include work gloves, clippers or loppers, brooms, and rakes.
Please make your reservation. And we'll look forward to seeing you beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, April 13, for your Spartan trail clean-up team assignment, at the City of Traverse City’s Hull Park, next to the Traverse Area District Library's Woodmere Main Branch.
With our very “Go and ‘Be’ Green!” Thank You,
Your MSU Grand Traverse Area Spartans Alumni Club Board of Directors and Club President Craig Rosenberg
- Age Restrictions
- Middle school students and older
- Project Organizer
- This service project is organized by an alumni club: Grand Traverse Area Spartans.
- Tom Emling
- Project Category
- Seasonal Clean-Up/Outdoor
- Project Location
- Date & Time
- 4/13/19 from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Volunteer registration opens on 2/21/19 at 12:00am
- Volunteer registration closes on 4/12/19 at 12:00am
- Please join us beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, April 13, at the City of Traverse City’s Hull Park, for your Spartan trail team clean-up assignment.
- Current Volunteers
15 out of 25