Volunteer with DC Central Kitchen
- Project Description
- Come help prepare food for meals at DC Central Kitchen, which provides meals for schools, shelters and nonprofits.
When: Sunday, July 22. We need to arrive by 8:45am
Metro: The closest metro stop is Judiciary Square on the Red Line. From the Judiciary Square 4th and D Street exit, head south on 4th Street NW, left on D Street NW, left on 1st Street NW, and then left into the service alley just south of Sandwiches by Phillip. The entrance to the Kitchen looks like a service/delivery entrance and is marked by a large sign.
Parking: There is no on-site parking at the Main Kitchen. Limited parking is available in lots at Union Station, on E Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets NW, and on the street. There is metered parking along E Street NW, 1st Street NW and New Jersey Avenue NW, all within a block of the Kitchen.
- Project Organizer
- This service project is organized by an alumni club: DC Spartans.
- Emily Wilkins
- Project Category
- Food Service/Distribution
- Project Location
- Date & Time
- 7/22/18 from 8:30am to 12:00pm
- Volunteer registration opens on 5/20/18 at 12:00am
- Volunteer registration closes on 7/22/18 at 12:00am
- Current Volunteers
10 out of 15